Hayleigh has built a reputation as a clever strategist and skilled writer. She loves the intellectual challenge of tricky cases and excels at formulating winning approaches to complicated legal problems.
Before joining Osborn Maledon, Hayleigh clerked for the Honorable Mary M. Schroeder of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. Today, Hayleigh splits her practice between appeals and complex civil litigation in both state and federal court. She has worked on matters at every level, from state superior court to the United States Supreme Court. Her writing has been cited by the Arizona Supreme Court and featured as Petition of the Day on SCOTUSBlog.
Hayleigh graduated with summa cum laude from the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University, where she also served as Editor-in-Chief of the Arizona State Law Journal. She regularly contributes to the Arizona Appeals content for Practical Law and writes for the AZAPP blog.
Outside of the office, Hayleigh serves on the Executive Council for the State Bar’s Appellate Practice Section, on the Board of the Florence Immigrant & Refugee Rights Project, and as a member of the City of Phoenix Camelback East Village Planning Committee.
- Petition for certiorari in an immigration case raising administrative law issues (U.S.)(featured as “Petition of the Day” on SCOTUSBlog)
- Lawsuits challenging pension reforms as unconstitutional impairment of public retirement benefits (Ariz. Supreme Ct.)
- Appeal challenging the scope of a municipal Board of Adjustment’s statutory authority in a zoning dispute (Ariz. Ct. App.)
Complex Civil Litigation
- Breach of contract action for unlawful early termination of five-year service agreement (D. Ariz.)
- Land use dispute involving claims for eminent domain and challenge to mining rights under development agreement (Maricopa Cty. Super. Ct.)
- Free-speech challenge to public accommodations law (Maricopa Cty. Super. Ct.)
- Southwest Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Civil Litigation: Defense, 2018-2021
- Southwest Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Appellate, 2022
- Best Lawyers®, Ones to Watch, 2021
- Fellow, Leadership Council on Legal Diversity 2018
- State Bar of Arizona Appellate Practice Section, Executive Council
- Arizona Court of Appeals Pro Bono Attorney Coordinator, 2019
- Florence Immigrant & Refugee Rights Project, Board Member
- Federal Bar Association, Board Member
- Camelback East Village Planning Committee, Member
- Hayleigh S. Crawford, Note, Going For Broke: Arizona’s Legal Protection of Public Pension Benefits, 46 Ariz. St. L.J. 635 (2014)
- Regular contributor, AZAPP Blog
- Regular contributor, Practical Law – Arizona Appeals